6/4/21: The Marcellus Free Library has just begun searching for a new Youth Services Librarian.
Position Available: Youth Services Librarian
The Marcellus Free Library, located outside of Syracuse, NY, is accepting applications for a full-time Youth Services Librarian to join a dynamic and dedicated team of library professionals. The successful candidate will promote early literacy skills and develop a comprehensive slate of programming and community outreach services for children, teens, and families. Must enjoy working with children and teens, like to have fun at work, not take yourself too seriously, and be willing to wear goofy hats occasionally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing a wide variety of programs, public service, and community outreach for children, families, and teens.
- Assisting in all phases of collection development.
- Providing reference and reader’s advisory to children, teens, and adults.
- Maintaining awareness of current trends in children’s and YA literature, participating in system-wide youth services committees.
- Keeping up to date on current library technology.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution, eligibility for a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required.
- Library experience, Youth Services preferred.
- Approximately 35 hours per week. Nights and occasional weekends are required.
- Starting salary range is $40,000 to $45,000 per year, depending on education and experience. Generous PTO package, holidays, retirement savings with employer match, and health insurance available.
Click here for a detailed job description. The position will remain open until filled. Application review will begin Monday, June 21st.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Jake Widrick, Library Director
Or mail to:
Marcellus Free Library
32 Maple St
Marcellus, NY 13108